Legacy of the unnoticed

We are each an autumn leaf that fell on a meandering river. Some leaves touch then float apart, others remain together and are never the same.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Munich - the Movie

Saw this movie the other day, made me cry. Why do we let the cycle of violence continue? Both sides trying to outdo each other and "make a statement", well the world heard you, so did the thousands of innocent people killed. We're all humans, can't anyone see that?

The movie itself employed excellent cinematography and although it was 3 hours long, the pace was set at a suitable level. Eric Bana was amazing, his accent, his eyes... I really believed him to be the character he was playing. And no, I'm not biased 'cos he's Aussie, he really is a great actor who should be awarded.

I like the ironies in the film, like when the 2 teams from opposing sides had to live together, they managed to find common ground. I won't go into details in case someone reading this haven't seen the movie. Steven Spielberg is a legend, the movie showed both sides of the argument, but he's still a jewish descendant after all, so the movie was more focused on the plight of the Jewish people (they did have it tough).

Bloodshed, people killing other people for thousands of years just for a piece of land. I mean, I can understand how people want a place to call home and I agree they all have some claim over that piece of land, but can't they all just live together in peace? Maybe I'm too naive, or idealistic, or both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home